About Lip Enhancement
Restylane is the first and only FDA-approved dermal filler for lip enhancement in patients over 21 years. And that’s great news—because who doesn’t want beautiful lips? After all, lips play a central role in our sensual and emotional life—think attractive, youthful, kissable.
So it’s only natural with all this focus on lips, that lipstick is one of the most-purchased cosmetics. It’s also natural to want to enhance the appearance of our lips if we feel that their shape or proportions are not well matched to our unique facial structure. Plus, as we age, our lips may lose volume. And using makeup to hide these flaws often has limited results.
Beautiful lips that last long after your lipstick is gone
Restylane is one investment in beauty that you don’t wash off your face every night—so lips look great 24/7 for up to six months. Restylane provides the fullness and definition you can’t get with lipstick or other cosmetics. In fact, just one treatment gives you beautiful, natural-looking lips for as long as six months.
This may be the right time to consider lip enhancement with Shimmian —you’ll get lips that say “you”—beautiful, natural looking, and just the way you want them.
After treatment, you might have some swelling, redness, pain, bruising, or tenderness. These are typically mild in severity and normally last less than14 days in lips. Swelling may be more likely in patients under 36 years, and bruising may be more likely in patients over 35 years.
Everyone’s facial structure is different—and so is everyone’s ideal lip shape and size. Restylane® is helping redefine lip enhancement with treatment that follows well-accepted aesthetic guidelines. Used in this way, Restylane can help you achieve your own “Ideal Lip.”
The Divine Proportion—an artist’s vision of beauty
For centuries, artists have used the Divine Proportion to create harmony and balance. For lips, it translates into a guideline that the upper lip should be about 40% of the total height of the lips, and the bottom lip should be about 60%.
Restylane® can be used for lip enhancement in patients over 21 years. Like many people, you may want fuller lips. Your lips may benefit from more volume and symmetry. Look in the mirror, and ask yourself if you see:
Attempts to enhance lip contours and fullness with lipsticks and lip plumpers offer only limited results. Truly effective lip enhancement requires a professional-grade product administered by a trained healthcare professional.
Restylane should not be used by people with previous bad allergies, particularly to microorganisms known as gram-positive bacteria, or by people with serious allergies to drugs that have previously required in-hospital treatment. Restylane should not be used by people with bleeding disorders, during pregnancy, or when breastfeeding.
Just how good could your lips look with Restylane?
If you and your doctor agree it’s the right choice, Restylane can add fullness and definition to your lips, with an aesthetically pleasing, natural-looking result.
After treatment, you might have some swelling, redness, pain, bruising, or tenderness. These are typically mild in severity and normally last less than 14 days in lips. Swelling may be more likely in patients under 36 years, and bruising may be more likely in patients over 35 years.
Restylane® can instantly create fullness and definition in your lips
Restylane was the first hyaluronic acid dermal filler on the market, and now it’s the first and only one that is also FDA approved for lip enhancement in patients over 21 years.
- Restylane is uniquely formulated to give your lips fullness and definition
- Restylane treatments can subtly enhance your lips
- Restylane provides natural-looking and lasting results with just one treatment—for up to 6 months
- Restylane gives you a level of correction you can’t get with cosmetics, setting the standard in lip enhancement
Restylane for beautiful, natural-looking lips
Clinical tests have demonstrated that lip enhancement with Restylane produces fuller lips that function just like the lips you were born with.
Use of Restylane at the site of skin sores, pimples, rashes, hives, cysts, or infection should be postponed until healing is complete. In these instances, Restylane use could delay healing or make your skin problems worse.
Restylane®, the first and only FDA-approved dermal filler for lip enhancement in patients over 21 years
Why is young skin so supple and full? In part, because of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in skin that helps provide fullness and elasticity.
Restylane is a unique formulation of hyaluronic acid that helps maintain lip fullness.
- Just one treatment provides natural-looking and lasting results for up to 6 months
- Restylane is non–animal-based, so there’s no need for allergy testing
- Treatment with Restylane usually takes less than an hour
- You and your doctor decide on your treatment goals together, including follow-up treatments to maintain your results
Is Restylane the right choice for you?
The first and most important step is to sit down with your healthcare professional for a consultation on how Restylane can improve the appearance of your lips. If you decide to try Restylane for lip enhancement, here is some information about what to expect, as well as some do’s and don’ts to help you prepare for treatment. Download now and keep handy for your treatment.
- Avoid using aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications (such as ibuprofen), St John’s wort, or high doses of vitamin E supplements, as these may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- Talk with your healthcare professional if you have previously suffered from facial cold sores. He or she may prescribe a medication to minimize recurrence.
- Treatment with Restylane generally takes less than an hour (individual treatment times may vary).
- Your healthcare professional will cleanse and prepare the area to be treated. Then Restylane gel is injected into the treatment area using an ultra-fine needle to create the desired effect.
- Immediate visible results.
- Use cold compresses to reduce swelling.
- Avoid exposure to intense heat (sun lamp or sunbathing).
- Reduce the risk of facial cold sore recurrence that could be caused by needle punctures. Talk with your healthcare professional about medications that may minimize an outbreak.
- Avoid taking aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St John’s wort, or high doses of vitamin E supplements for one week after treatment. These agents may increase bruising and bleeding at the injection site.
- After treatment, you might have some swelling, redness, pain, bruising, or tenderness. These are typically mild in severity and normally last less than 14 days in lips. Swelling may be more likely in patients under 36 years, and bruising may be more likely in patients over 35 years.
- Contact your healthcare professional if you experience side effects beyond 14 days—and ask about follow-up appointments.
- Restylane® can be used for lip enhancement in patients over 21 years.
- Restylane gives you a level of lip enhancement that cannot be achieved with over-the-counter cosmetic products. Made of a clear gel with a unique formulation, Restylane provides the fullness and definition needed to create lips that are just right for you.
- Don’t take our word for it. See for yourself what Restylane can do for lips.
- The images are unretouched photographs of patients treated with Restylane.
- Patients should be limited to 1.5 mL per lip per treatment. If a volume of more than 3 mL total is needed to achieve optimal correction, a follow-up treatment session is recommended.